Develop a scenario from set text
The Arrival (2016) - Daniel Montanarini
'A woman contemplates whether or not to keep her baby, while waiting for her lover to arrive in a small cafe.'
I founds that this set film stuck out to me the most, just because of how simple the visuals were. But I liked how the voice over made the film more deep, with small events changing her trail of thought. I also enjoyed the story line and I think that there are many ways you can explore this story.
If I was to go from this set text, I would show when the person first finds out they are pregnant and are sat with a pregnancy test, because I think it would make it more raw and emotional as it would be their first thoughts and not something that they could have thought over a few days.
My initial thoughts on how I would create this short film are:
If I was to go from this set text, I would show when the person first finds out they are pregnant and are sat with a pregnancy test, because I think it would make it more raw and emotional as it would be their first thoughts and not something that they could have thought over a few days.
My initial thoughts on how I would create this short film are:
- A close up of the test and the person's face
- A voice over style
- Include background noise, such as another family member that they want to keep quiet from
- Perhaps telling someone that they are pregnant?
- No music, majority silent
- Long takes
- Opens the film in a bathroom, person sat on the toilet
- End the film of them saying 'I'm pregnant'?
I think this idea is my most simple one, however it could be the most effective if planned right because a viewer could connect with it more as it would have a more personal aspect, especially as I would include a voice over.
No comments:
Post a Comment