Saturday, August 31, 2019

Idea for my Short Film - Original idea


Original Idea

Image result for cluedo

An idea that has interested me for creating the short film is a murder mystery type film. I got inspiration from the board game Cluedo, which is famously a murder mystery board game. 

There are a few things to consider whilst I have this basic idea:

  • Characters - should I use the original line up, or should I do a play of them and create my own line?
  • Setting - should it be set inside or outside? Should it follow a theme such as a pub or bar? Or should it be outside, which goes outside the convention of the story, which is famously known to be set in a mansion.
  • Style - there are many styles that I could follow, depending on the decade that I use will depend on the costumes and possibly the setting. My first instinct is a 1920's style, just because of the connotations of it being glamorous and classy. The cinematography I would make as 20's as possible with either using a 30mm camera and having the footage look black and white and grainy, or editing the video so that it still has the same effect. But having a 1960's style could be fun as I could make it colourful and and still use the 30mm effect. Even a modern style would be easier in terms of the clothing and the language used. However, I am more eager to the prior suggestions just because I think it suits the idea of a murder mystery more.
  • Plot - because I only have five minutes to put across my story, I will have to choose an exciting part that only limits to one or two settings, but has enough happening so that the audience will not be bored. I think I will focus more on either the middle of the story where everyone is trying to guess who it is, or have it at the ending where we find out who has done it. 

Although this is a very basic idea, I do think it would be exciting to make just because it has potential to be a fun film and to not focus on any modern serious issues, which can be hard hitting for some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Film

Short Film