- Apply knowledge and understanding off elements of film to the production of film or screenplay (A03 60 marks)
This means I have to either create a complete short film (5-6 minutes length) or write a screenplay for a new short film (10 pages, equivalent of 10 minutes screen time) plus a digitally photographed storyboard of a key section (20 photographed frames).
- Apply knowledge and understanding of film to analyse and evaluate own work in relation to other professionally produced work (A02 30 marks)
This means after creating the short film, I need to write an evaluation.
My response to this brief is that it is very broad with few restrictions, which is a blessing and curse, and has left me feeling overwhelmed in choosing a good enough story idea. I have chosen to create the short film rather than do the storyboard, I came to this decision because I am interested in editing.
In my own words, I see a short film as something with a short story line, with quick character and narrative development. It also is cheaper to make and allows new film makers to test different ideas on a smaller scale. The definition from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is that it is eligible for nomination for the Oscars, as "an original motion picture that has a running time of 40 minutes or less, including all credits.
No comments:
Post a Comment